Summary: it doesn’t hurt to stop and read your favorite book or watch your favorite movie. You know, take a break to refill your well.
Exercise: Grab your journal and make a list of all things you can do to refill your creative well.
- I read every night before I head to bed.
- I’ve been walking outside every day.
- Over the summer we went to the zoo with the family and just enjoyed a day out of the house. Not to mention, the 2 hr car ride that we had to do to get there.
- I play video games on the regular.
- And I’m making it a point to watch movies or television shows with the husband.
See a whole list of things I do to refill my well and force myself to not think about writing for a short time because that can also lead to burn out. And burn out gets you nowhere.
Be sure to follow the blog and follow me over on Instagram for daily updates on this ongoing progress. If you are interested in doing this 30-day challenge for yourself then head on over to Amazon and grab the Align Your Writing Habits to Success by Jennifer Blanchard. Inside is filled with the daily antidotes and exercises to get your thinking about your daily habits and goals along with linked podcasts.